Hi, Welcome to Kid Fun. A place to share ideas of games and activities to play with children. Never hear them utter the words, 'I'm bored' ever again! Come and write for us and you will get a share of the revenue made, plus it's really fun. We are currently offering guaranteed bronze $5 awards for articles with at least 1000 characters, 3 images and at least 1 original image. So grab the kids together and let's have some fun :)
In the modern fast paced world, it’s a little difficult for the kids to take out extra time to spend on efforts to boost their brain power. So, it gets imperative for us, that we discover alternate means for the same. Jigsaw puzzles are one such example of a tool which would keep the kids engaged and also would help improve their overall cognitive abilities.
These puzzles may be classified into various categories like birds, animals, fruits, vegetables or even the cartoon characters. The number of the pieces in these puzzles is different, and generally increases with the age groups of the kids. Some puzzle are even double-sided and may be solved from either side, adding to complexity; as kids need to be certain that the correct side of the piece is being viewed and assembled with the other pieces. The trendiest of these puzzles are the 3-D puzzles where the final form is three-dimensional shape.
I have seen a dramatic change in my son, when I got different types of puzzles for him. Initially he was finding it difficult to sit at one place and solving the puzzles. We then got the puzzles of his favorite cartoon characters like Ben 10, Spiderman and slowly he started liking it and enjoying it. We can see the excitement on his face whenever he completes the puzzles. Puzzles are unique in the sense that they may be played alone or also in groups. The kids may share the puzzle with others and can resolve them together, taking turns. This will ensure in the development of social skills amongst the kids and the kids may share the celebration of resolving it successfully.
Puzzles are a blend of fun and learning; and play an important role in the overall development of the kids.
Some of the key benefits are :- • Improve concentration
• Enhance the hand –eye coordination
• Promote logical thinking
• Help kids to improve their cognitive skills
• Willingness to take up challenges
• Accomplishment of achieving the goals brings the sense of achievement and pride and helps to boost up their self confidence.
Steps to play Jigsaw Puzzles • Empty the box of the puzzles and put it on a flat surface.
• Some of the jigsaw puzzles may be two- sided. Turn all the pieces and keep the puzzle side up.
• Start with one piece, preferably the side one and look at the shapes and colors of the other pieces to identify the suitable pieces which can fit them.
• Continue the same process for the newly connected piece.
• The corners of the puzzle shall always have a smooth edge, which may be used as an identifier.
• When a couple of pieces are put together, follow the logical clues to progress and to complete the puzzles.
The choice of the puzzles may be made according to the age and the interest of the kids. After all, it’s the kids who must feel happy solving them.
Copyright 2012-2017 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226. mobile version
Welcome to Kid Fun. A place to share ideas of games and activities to play with children. Never hear them utter the words, 'I'm bored' ever again!
Come and write for us and you will get a share of the revenue made, plus it's really fun. We are currently offering guaranteed bronze $5 awards for articles with at least 1000 characters, 3 images and at least 1 original image.
So grab the kids together and let's have some fun :)