Hi, Welcome to Kid Fun. A place to share ideas of games and activities to play with children. Never hear them utter the words, 'I'm bored' ever again! Come and write for us and you will get a share of the revenue made, plus it's really fun. We are currently offering guaranteed bronze $5 awards for articles with at least 1000 characters, 3 images and at least 1 original image. So grab the kids together and let's have some fun :)
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'Side pose of teenager shows thumbs up', by photostock.
Ages: Any age even appropriate to do with babies.
Indoor or Outdoor: Can be done anywhere.
Equipment/Resources: Your hands and the child's hands, your singing voice.
1) Hold up index fingers on both hands.
2) Stretch them out a short distance from each other. Bring them close together again as you sing, 'two little ladies met in a lane'.
3) Now each index finger moves down and up from the tip as if bowing whilst singing, 'bowed most politely bowed once again'.
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'Lying female pointing both fingers stock photo', by imagery majestic.
4) Tip each index finger up and down as if talking whilst singing, 'how do you do, how do you do, how do you do again'.
5) Repeat the singing adding different people and fingers each time. Eg. Use your thumbs for two fat gentlemen, your little fingers for two little girls. Why not try two policemen or two old ladies. As you sing try to change the voices to suit each character.
Aim: To have a fun bonding time with the child. To teach them finger recognition and to practice fine motor skills.
Time: Play for as long as they are interested.
Players: One or more players. If more than one child is playing then allow each child to pick the people and their voices for the next round.
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'Number 1 stock photo', by photokanak.
Why?: Fun, frugal and silly the children will learn the song in no time at all to be able to play it with other children. Perfect for when you are waiting, don't have much space and to calm children down.
Additions: Make little finger puppets to use in the game. Add tv and movie characters to the song. Add funny and silly voices to the songs, the kids will love it.