Hi, Welcome to Kid Fun. A place to share ideas of games and activities to play with children. Never hear them utter the words, 'I'm bored' ever again! Come and write for us and you will get a share of the revenue made, plus it's really fun. We are currently offering guaranteed bronze $5 awards for articles with at least 1000 characters, 3 images and at least 1 original image. So grab the kids together and let's have some fun :)
Nursery rhymes haven't really changed theroughout the ages. They are classic, fun, recognisable and funny. This simple game turns the humble quoting of common nursery rhymes into a fun and exciting guessing game for kids and their families to play.
Ages: 3 years and over (2 year olds might be able to guess)
Indoor or Outdoor: Either
Equipment/Resources: Your own hands, knowledge of common nursery rhymes and their beats and rhymths.
1) Choose a well known nursery rhyme.
2) Try to recall its words, beats and rhymths.
3) Clap out the entire rhymth with your hands without speaking or singing at all.
4) The other person/people have to try and guess which nursery rhyme it is.
5) When they guess correctly they can have a turn of clapping out the beat for others to guess.
Aim: To use your listening skills to see if you can guess which rhyme it is.
Time: This can be done in short or long bursts. Stick with it as long as the child is still interested.
Players: At least two are needed, or more.
Why?: It encourages children to listen and concentrate. They will feel a great sense of pride and achievement when they make a correct guess.
Additions: Try clapping out the rhymth to their favourite TV Show or favourite songs.