Hi, Welcome to Kid Fun. A place to share ideas of games and activities to play with children. Never hear them utter the words, 'I'm bored' ever again! Come and write for us and you will get a share of the revenue made, plus it's really fun. We are currently offering guaranteed bronze $5 awards for articles with at least 1000 characters, 3 images and at least 1 original image. So grab the kids together and let's have some fun :)
Equipment/Resources: 4 or more children and a blanket
This is a great game that I often find my daughter playing at preschool at pick up time.
1) Ask the children to sit in a square or circle and select a 'guesser'
2) The guesser then goes over to the corner and covers their eyes
3) Choose one child to be the 'bug' and get them to sit in the centre of the group, under the blanket.
4) The children then chant 'bug in a rug, bug in a rug, come and see the bug in a rug'
5) The guesser, then surveys the group to try to remember who is missing and takes a guess at who the bug is - they can guess until the are correct and then the game starts all over again.
Bug in a Rug - a fun, indoor game for a rainy day! Image Source: www.freedigitalphotos.net "Baby Looking Out From Under His Blanket" by photostock
Aim: This is a great memory challenge, where the guesser is required to survey the room to identify who is missing and thus, the 'bug in a rug'. It is also a great way to introduce rhyming words as the children chant 'bug in a rug.'
Time: As long as the children are interested.
Players: 4 or more.
Additions: You could mix it up by using objects on a tray, then hiding 1 object and asking the children to recognise the object that is missing.