Hi, Welcome to Kid Fun. A place to share ideas of games and activities to play with children. Never hear them utter the words, 'I'm bored' ever again! Come and write for us and you will get a share of the revenue made, plus it's really fun. We are currently offering guaranteed bronze $5 awards for articles with at least 1000 characters, 3 images and at least 1 original image. So grab the kids together and let's have some fun :)
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'Baby hand stock photo' by arztsamui.
Ages:. Any age.
Indoor or Outdoor: Can be done anywhere.
Equipment/Resources: Fingers and your singing voice.
1) Hold up all five fingers of one hand and sing, 'five little ducks went out one day, over the hill and far away. Mother duck said quack, quack, quack, quack but only four little ducks came back'. Put down one finger so there are four ducks.
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'Counting hands stock image', by lamnee.
2) Start singing again but change the ending so there is one less duck each time. Three little ducks, two little ducks, one little duck.
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'Five fingers stock photo', by Ambro.
Image is from freedigitalphotos.net, 'women hand showing number four stock photo', by stock images.
3) When you have no ducks left make sure all fingers are down and sing, 'but none of her five little ducks came back'.
4) Next we sing the rhyme to get all the ducks home to their mother. 'So Mother duck went out one day, over the hill and far away Mother duck said quack, quack, quack, quack and all of her five little ducks came back'.
5) Shout 'Yay' and get excited all her little ducks came back.
Aim: To teach children a fun and repetitive easy to do rhyme with actions that they will treasure forever.
Time: This one is a pretty fast activity to do however it is easily adaptable.
Players: One or more.
Why?: Singing a rhyming or song with actions with a child is a very bonding experience. It's easy to do, to learn, it's fun and it will help children with their numeracy skills.
Use five rubber ducks from the bath to act out the rhyme.
Add more ducks by using your other hand you could start out with 10 ducks.
Why not make little duck finger puppets to use.
Ask the children what other animal you could use eg.Puppy dogs, woof, woof, woof.